Tuesday, March 29, 2011

There's Simply No Excuse

I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies the other day; the old-fashioned way--store bought cookie dough, already portioned, ready for baking.  This concept is really a brilliant idea.  There's no dirty kitchen.  No sticky fingers.  No thought.

Exhibit A:  The Mutant Cookies



I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.  My execution was not as 'turn key' as anticipated.  Quite frankly, I feel the need to submit a formal apology to my children and husband.  Apparently when Mommy's in the kitchen it's a culinary roller coaster ride of extreme food highs and some super bombs that no normal dog would eat (completely justifying why my dogs are officially abnormal).

While these cookies were definitely not 'show-worthy'; they still tasted good and were completely devoured . . . mostly by me.

2 comments:

Double Dootie Daddy said...

Cookies were quite good. I definitely ate my share.

Zoo Keeper said...

I would like to congratulate you on using an airbake cookie sheet!!! I'm TOTALLY impressed!!! So it's definitely the dough and not the baking apparatus.

(I may or may not have once been the product manager Calphalon's bakeware line at one point in my previous life... ; )