Sunday, April 5, 2009

Let The Quilting Begin!

Last Thursday I met an old college friend at this insanely huge fabric store called Mary Jo's.  I've lived in Charlotte for almost 9 years now and never bothered to visit the place.  How fitting I finally make the trek one week before I move (almost as fitting as finding out my favorite newlyweds are moving to Charlotte in June).

Anyway, I had an amazing time.  First, I got to see Trish (it had been almost 10 years) and second she got to direct me (literally . . . I was a deer in headlights) through the store while we looked at fabrics for the custom baby bedding.

I can't begin to describe how excited I am to see the final product.  I'm pretty certain these 'one of a kind' quilts are going to be amazing.  Not only because they are custom, but because I know they are in extremely capable hands!

Here's a photo of the fabrics we picked out.  The bolts of cloth on the right are the main materials, cream for the backgrounds, Wiz gets the green and Nug gets the red for the quilts' borders.  

For those of you just tuning in, a picture of a peacock is being quilted in the center for Nug and an owl for Wiz.  Both animals based on two pieces of artwork I found over the holidays at Antrhopologie (see artwork from March's post entitled The Imaginary Nursery).

Happy quilting Trish!  I can't wait to see the finished products.  

No comments: