Friday, August 15, 2008

Vegas in a test tube?



Dave and I scheduled an appointment with the IVF coordinator for Tuesday.  This is a picture of the clinic we are using.  Basically our doctor will outline all the needles, pills, pokes and prodding I will undergo during IVF.  Most importantly though, we will meet with the financial counselor who will tell us exactly how much IVF will cost.  We expect it to be around $10K for one try.

Here's the mental dilemma. . . $10K is A LOT of money (if by chance you disagree. . . let's talk about you donating to our 'make a baby' foundation).  It's a lot to spend on one procedure that has only a 60% chance of success.  It feels like high-stakes gambling (did I mention I'm not good at gambling?).

I know if we have a successful pregnancy the point is moot.  But the morbidly negative side of my brain wonders how I will feel if we come up empty.  Obviously not something to dwell too much on right now. . . trying and failing is much better than doing nothing at all.

Thanks to all for such positive feedback!  More later.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sending you vibes on Tuesday. How exciting...A PLAN!

LOVE!

A. Hynes

Meig said...

Eeepp! Little Sears-Donovan is just a needle prick away! (Wait...that didn't sound right...)

Good luck you guys! And thanks for starting a blog. You are once again forging ahead for our group and providing inspiration. ; )

Anonymous said...

Just always remember, when you come to a fork in the road...take it.