Thursday, December 4, 2008

8 Weeks Update

Weight:  +5 lbs. (pre-pregnancy weight)
Fitness:  walking across campus . . . 
Food Cravings:  orange juice, spaghetti, nacho cheese dip, pickles
Sleep Count:  8 hrs. nightly, 30 min. afternoon nap

By far the best visit I've had all year!  We heard two heartbeats, one at 168 bpm and the other at 177 bpm.  Dr. Skywalker said everything looked great and healthy.  The ultrasounds were pretty grainy, apparently my uterus is tilted to the back which puts the babies further away from the 'imaging thingy'.   

Best part. . . he told me to stop taking all my medications (no more progesterone shots, estrogen patches or low dose aspirin)!  Also, I could start seeing my regular obgyn--but I'm not ready to break-up with Dr. Skywalker just yet, so I'll see him one last time next week (maybe bring cupcakes).

I mentioned my belly concerns, I seem to already be showing.  Apparently my ovaries are still pretty large and pushing my uterus upward, which is forcing the rest of my tummy up and out.  Combine that with twins and he told me I'll show like 12 weeks even though I'm only 8 weeks (always the overachiever)

As for exercise and diet, since I've been feeling so crappy since starting IVF I need to ease slowly back into exercise.  That means restarting my strength training exercises but reduce the weights and do more reps.  Instead of doing 30 mins. of cardio do 5 - 10 mins. until I can handle more.

As for school, I survived the worst part of the week.  I'm all caught up and ready for finals next week.  This semester couldn't end any sooner, half the campus has a cold and the girl next to me in history class apparently doesn't understand the concept of Kleenex.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!FINALLY A BLOG UPDATE!! TWO HEARTBEATS!!!! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! THIS CALLS FOR CAPITALIZATION AND EXCLAIMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY! STUDY HARD! ITS ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XOXOXOXOX

Unknown said...

Re: slings...definitely register for more than one type, you never know which you'll like best once you're lugging around the tikes and trying to cook and clean at the same time. :)

Meig said...

Hahahaha...cook?
Hahahaha...clean?

Silly Amanda, don't you know that darling Dave is going to be doing ALL of that!?! ; )

Still, I'm in favor of fashionable slings that your tykes will outgrow and you can pass on to me one day soon.

PS I like the one in the picture...get that one. lol