Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010

The babies celebrated their first Easter over the weekend.  My family came to town and helped with the festivities.  We spent a few days at the beach and a few nights shucking oysters and cracking crab legs.

As a new mom, here are some things I've learned about Easter:

  1. Apple cider vinegar is not an equal substitute for distilled white vinegar when dying Easter eggs.
  2. Infant Easter shoes are expensive and pointless.
  3. After watching New Moon on dvd, my husband still does not like the Twilight series.
  4. Easter baskets for infants (and adult children) are pointless, but still fun.
  5. TLC's 'What Not To Wear' should do a Spring Break episode at Oak Island, NC.
  6. A sunrise beach service sounds like a good idea the night before but not at 5 AM in the morning (we slept through the alarm).
  7. Gardening is a lot of work (or so I'm told).
  8. Gardening can be dangerous (or so I'm told).
  9. All bald infant girls look silly with head bows (except Lady Belle).
  10. I've got exactly 363 days left to figure out why we dye eggs and invite imaginary bunnies into our homes during Easter.

Here's some highlights from the weekend:



Lady Belle with a bow 'taped' to her head.


All dolled up with no where to go.


Next year they promised to stand and smile on command for Mommy  . . . 


Ghetto Eggs


The whitest family on the beach.


Yup, this sums up our Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Zoo Keeper said...

How cute!! You need to get Belle the headband with bow. It might stay better. (or give her additonal things to pull on... what do I know?)

Shame on the hubby not liking Twilight!! I'm going to send him something with "Twilight ruined my wife" on it." And I'll also be giving the same to my hubby and my cousin's new husband...


Yep - I agree. you guys ARE the whitest family on teh beach!! ; ) (but the best looking!)

Looks like you had a great weekend!!