Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Get in my BELLY!

We're finally settled from our weekend trip to Myrtle Beach, SC.  Here are some of the pictures from the baby shower.  Visual proof, if you will, that I did in fact try to 'catch' getting pregnant.  Later this week I will try using the law of attraction and various feng shui techniques to increase my fertility chances (sadly, I'm probably 60% serious and 40% joking).

The beautiful pregnant chic is my dear friend Sarah.  I've known her since the 7th grade; which means I've known her for over 20 years now (freaky feeling).  



The baby is a boy.  They've already picked out a name, which they are keeping a secret (very smart idea).  His first name starts with a 'C'.  Here are some of my guesses:  Caesar, Chi, Chikamasa, Cannabas, or Centzonuitznauachalchiuhtlatonal (actual Mexican boy name).


The shower was on the 12th floor of a really nice oceanfront resort.  We ended up having a slumber party complete with midnight pizza delivery, pregnant 'glamour shots' (gone horribly wrong), and an after-pool-hours dip in the resort's jacuzzi (Security came and politely asked us to go inside).

It was a wonderful shower and evening (the moon was almost full)!  I never once felt 'baby envy' (probably because I'm so embarrassingly self-absorbed in my own IVF adventure right now).  In fact, to my surprise I became the unofficial (and highly unqualified) fertility expert for some of the guests who were also trying to get pregnant.  Who knows, maybe this blog will actually be useful to my new baby shower friends. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why does it seem that all of Sarah's momentous life events turn into late night nudity?? Security at hotels around the Grand Strand have her name at the top of their list. :):)

Sending out a WOOTWOO for vibrating uteruses and sparkling baby dust!!!

You are lovely and beautiful and I can't wait to see you again!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Sometimes I'm not even present and the nudity still happens!
I am so excited for your IVF adventure. I am here for you every step of the way! Call me and I'll drive up ANY time. Preggers and all!
I love you! - S.
P.S. We are thinking of changing the name to Cosmo. Just kidding.