Thursday, September 18, 2008

How do I find a good acupuncturist?

Ah yes, that burning question you never knew you had.  My second acupuncture session was yesterday.  She put a needle somewhere on my right calf and instantly this perpetual constriction in the back of my throat eased (I've been feeling it since my first Lupron shot).  I made a surprised sound and she asked if my throat felt a change (very cool).

So if you are in the market for an 'expensive nap', I thought I'd share some advice my acupuncturist gave me on finding one.  She recommends using the following website:  National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (www.nccaom.org).  

There is a 'Find a Practitioner' link on the homepage; use your zip code to search for a certified acupuncturist in your area.  You can search for practitioners with one or more of the following certifications:
  • Acupuncture Certification
  • Asian Bodywork Therapy Certification
  • Chinese Herbology Certification
  • Oriental Medicine Certification (a combination of Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology)
On the home front, Dave's down in Myrtle Beach (again) for his annual 'man's man' golf trip.  Lavender is perched by the front window anticipating his return (I've debated telling her it won't be for another 58 hours).  Bailey could care less (no worries, this is her standard opinion in life).  

I've got a busy day ahead of me.  I go to the clinic to get my second Lupron shot, as well as do my sonogram and trial transfer.  Then I get ready for an unofficial reunion party with my old theatre friends from Winthrop University (I haven't seen some of these peeps in over 13 years).  

Happy weekend to all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is an awesome post. I'm starting hard core onto trying to halt this sleep apnea bullshitte and I've heard that acupuncture can help. I DIDN"T KNOW WHERE TO START...now I do.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!