Friday, June 12, 2009

35 Weeks Update

Apparently the best way to keep the extra pounds off during pregnancy is to become a diabetic.  I've gained a total of 35 lbs. this pregnancy, the recommended weight gain for twin pregnancies is 35 - 45 lbs.  I was happily on the 'fat track' during the second trimester (would have been content to gain 50 - 60 lbs. in ice cream weight).  Alas, my body had other plans.  

I met with my ob/gyn and endocrinologist this week.  The ob/gyn wants to schedule a c-section for 39 weeks if I haven't gone into labor by then, this would happen around July 8th (if my mom keeps cooking and pampering me the way she has this week, I just might make it to 39 weeks).

The endocrinologist (diabetes doctor) said my glucose levels looked good.  As long as I maintain these levels I don't have to visit him again until after the babies are born.  I asked for a gold star or some sort of certificate of completion for my hard work.  He said I'll get two beautiful babies in the end (cheapskate).  

I'm now required to get an ultrasound every week.  I have a BPP (biophysical profile) scheduled for today.  This will check for mobility, heart rates, muscle tone, breathing and amniotic fluid levels.  I have no idea if they will check for cervical dilation.  Since I've made it past 34 weeks my appointments have become very relaxed and hands-off.

That's all for now.  

No comments: