Monday, June 29, 2009

Miracle Diet!

Friday's doctor visit was good. Both babies have strong heart rates and movement and there's plenty of amniotic fluid, etc.

I, on the other hand, somehow lost 4 lbs. in one week. My endocrinologist (gestational diabetes doctor) warned this could happen with GD. Clearly I've been eating plenty of food, but for some reason the diabetes is not letting me store the nutrients.

Prior to the weight loss, all my doctors were pushing me to schedule a c-section for 38 weeks, instead of 39 or 40 weeks. I was struggling with their logic (there was none given). However, now that my weight is an issue, I'm more comfortable agreeing to a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks.

If you've been keeping up with this pregnancy then you know 38 weeks is this Wednesday (care to guess when I'm having the c-section?). Yup, you guessed right . . . Wednesday. The extraction of my children will be Wednesday morning.

I have another BPP and pre-op appointment scheduled today with the ob/gyn. Let the countdown begin!

8 comments:

Zoo Keeper said...

Yippie!!!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY EXTRACTION DAY!!! :)
Good to see you still have that sense of humor!

I have an emergency kit with chocolate, starburst, lip balm, lavendar oil, mints, face wash towelettes, snacks...you'll be the most pampered mama there!

SEE YOU TUESDAY NIGHT!!! XOXOXOX

Tricia Reeves said...

WHEEEEEEEEEE!! I'm sooo so so happy for you! What a wonderful birthday! July 1st!!!

Zoo Keeper said...

TOMORROW!!! YEE HAW!!!

Dave MUST give us updates!!

I'll be thinking of you!!

Lisa Hammill :) said...

Happy early B-day to your babies!! I must say, I'm a little bummed that this will be the end of the pregnancy journal. I have loved reading your unique and entertaining view of the world. You truly should be a writer. Hopefully you'll have a few minutes to begin the new blog journey of Dave + Emily = 2 BEAUTIFUL babies. CONGRATS to you both!!!

WanderingGirl said...

OOOOOOHHHHH, that's TODAY!!!! I was just checking the progress of things and lucky day! Good luck and happy birthday to the babies!!!!

Tricia Reeves said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Wiz and Nugget...
Happy Birthday to you!

You babies are *very* lucky and *very* loved by your wonderful Mama and Daddy! Welcome to the world kiddoes!

Unknown said...

I hope things went well for you and the babies.