Wednesday, August 19, 2009

7 Weeks Update

Sleep update: Mirabelle slept from 9p to 5:30a. Finn slept from 9p to 2:30a (Finn, why can't you be more like your sister?). An earlier bedtime was wonderful for Mirabelle and okay for Finn. We'll stick with it and hopefully both will eventually sleep through the night. Apparently we have one more month before that happens.

Yesterday I had my 6 weeks post-delivery appointment. I'm back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (though still wondering where my pre-pregnancy body went). I've been given the green light to resume all 'suspended' activities (swimming, bath tubs, fornicating, etc.).

The doctor also asked if I wanted to go on the pill. I'm the mother of multiples!!! Of course I want to use birth control. Folks, if you've been reading this blog from the beginning then you know the road to parenthood was challenging. Odds are it will be equally challenging to get pregnant in the future. Regardless, at this exact moment I'd rather use 12 methods of birth control to avoid getting pregnant (I'd like just a little bit of time to enjoy the first batch of babies).

Enough about me, the babies are doing great. Mirabelle is 10 lbs. 3 oz. and Finn is 9 1/2 lbs. Dave even captured some smiles on camera yesterday! He babysat while I was at the doctor's office. Here's some photos from his Mr. Mom experience:

Mirabelle smiling

Finn smiling

Sleeping babies

Not so sleeping babies

2 comments:

Zoo Keeper said...

I've decided sleeping babies are the cutest. (and not just because they're quiet.. but that may have something to do with it)

Unknown said...

Yay for smiling, sleeping, ADORABLE babies!!! Jealous of the girls who get to cuddle them this weekend. Love you!! Great job mama!!